How to Credit Pictures on Blogs the Sharp, Clean, Organized Way
People have been asking me how to create the neat little box for my photo credits on the blog.
So I created this video to show you how.
Credit Pictures Quick and Easy While Impressing Your Readers
You may have noticed when I use a feature photo atop my blog post that is not my own, I include a citation at the bottom of my post that gives proper credit to the photo. Most of the time the photo I use is from the Flickr Creative Commons, and has the Attribution Sharalike 2.0 license.
About a year ago I started to credit pictures at the bottom in a neat, tidy looking box at the bottom of the post.
People have started asking me how I do this, and this video will show you how.
You can see an example of what I’m talking about at the bottom of this post.
Remember, the blog posts with my own branded images do not need photo credits since I own them.
Here is a quick step-by-step guide for those of you who prefer reading instructions over using a video:
1. Go inside your WordPress Dashboard to the Posts Editor.
2. Open up the blog post you want to work with.
3. Type in your photo credits where you want them on the post. (Most bloggers put them at the bottom.)
4. Highlight your photo credits with your pointer.
5. Go up to the upper left of your Editor and click on the down arrow next to the scroll that you see where it says “Paragraph”.
6. Click on “Pre”
7. Click View Post or Preview to make sure it works. (You don’t see the box on the back end inside your post. You only see it on the front end, so you’ll need to check to make sure its there.)
Have fun with your credit pictures.How to credit pictures on your blog the sharp, clean, organized way!
Photo Credit: Taking a Break by John Loo CC BY 2.0