Entrepreneur Education and Training for Bloggers Who Want to Make Money (Lots of FREE Resources Here)
Entrepreneurship is not for everyone.
Today, it seems like everybody and their dog wants to start their own company, yet not everyone who starts an online business will succeed.
How do you have any chance of standing out and being one that does succeed?
I’ll tell you–you’ve got to get educated.Business majors to high school dropouts know that true entrepreneurs need to always be learning.
It’s what keeps you competitive! And lucky for you, the online education industry has never been better. From universities like MIT and NYU to sites like Udemy and Saylor Academy, the internet is ripe with resources to help you exercise your entrepreneurial mind.
I’ve put together a list that highlights six essential areas that you need to learn about in order to be a great entrepreneur: finances, sales, productivity, writing, interpersonal skills, and online marketing. Each link here is a course or resource to help you master entrepreneur skills. Those with the ($) next to them cost money to participate in – all the rest are completely free! Enjoy.
Entrepreneur Education and Training List of Resources
If you’re going to be a smart entrepreneur, you’ll need to know finances inside and out.
- Saylor Academy – BUS103: Introduction to Financial Accounting
- New York University – Corporate Finance
- Alison – How to Get Angel Investors Supporting Your Business
- Udemy – Finance Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs ($)
- MIT – Entrepreneurial Finance
Like it or not, a good entrepreneur is an even better salesperson. There’s no way around it!
- Udemy – Rapport & Influence for Sales ($)
- Saylor Academy – Sales 103: Public Speaking for Sales
- Hubspot – Inbound Sales Broadcasts
- Jill Konrath – Fresh Sales Strategies Blog
It may seem a bit wishy-washy, but productivity truly is a skill that can be learned.
- GTD Times – Productivity Tips
- Udemy – 10x Productivity
- Lynda.com – Time Management Fundamentals ($)
- Saylor Academy – PRDV005: Time and Stress Management
- Lynda.com – Getting Things Done ($)
Learning how to write well is absolutely essential to your success as a businessperson.
- Saylor Academy – PRDV002: Professional Writing
- Copyblogger – Copywriting 101
- La Trobe University – Writing for Strategic Communication
- Lynda.com – Business Writing Fundamentals ($)
You need to know how to deal with clients, employees, partners, and investors. Strong interpersonal skills help you do just that.
- Udemy – Calm Angry People Quickly
- MIT – Organizational Leadership and Change
- Saylor Academy – BUS403: Negotiations and Conflict Management
- Saylor Academy – CUST105: Customer Service
There are thousands of blogs out there that can help you with online marketing. In addition, check out these resources.
- Marie Forleo – B-School ($)
- Saylor Academy – BUS203: Principles of Marketing
- The Ohio State University – Branding, Content, and Social Media
In addition to the links listed above, consider checking out courses provided on Coursera and edX. These classes are scheduled so that everyone completes the work at the same time. While this may not be the most convenient, it can be invaluable to have access to peers and a teacher in real-time.
Check the sites often to see when new courses are starting.
Good luck with your online entrepreneurial adventure!
This is a guest post by Adam Morgan. He specializes in SEO, PPC, and loves learning all he can about online writing and social media. You can check out his blog and get his free ebook 6 Steps to Making Your First $100 with Your Blog at succeedwithadam.com